Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Education

At any one time I might have a dozen tabs open on articles I want to read for self edification or reviewing stuff I might want to teach Zoe. For example:


River of Time - NOVA

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III explains academic gifts

Japanese space agency set to make history with launch of the solar-sailing IKAROS probe

Whale diversity driven by diet

NOVA - teacher's guide on Sleep

Hamlet, a teacher's guide

Genie Scott talks with Skepchick.org's Sam Ogden about the evolution of creationism, the Texas board of education, women in science, and more.

Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Response Resources

An one Twitter post might lead me down a rabbit trail of articles about the same subject

Healthy Intoversion

Caring for your introvert

Introverts - strength in lack of numbers

Introversion verse Shyness

I found these blogs - The Introvert Zone and Living Introverted

Which lead to some articles about being a gifted adult - Lisa's Ginormous List of Gifted Grown-up Traits and Exploring Grown-up Giftedness

All this doesn't include facebook, twitter and the blogs I read. Thank goodness I read fast.

2 comments:

  1. As I try to get back to blogging I am getting back to reading blogs. It is so interesting to read in more detail what you are reading and thinking about lately.

    I wish I could just sit on the sofa and have a NOVA marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you watch it with the girls there are online teaching tools to go with the episodes. Good homeschooling fodder there.

    ReplyDelete