Monday, December 14, 2009

Math Presentation




Yesterday Zoe had her math presentation at the math center. She made a poster and did a speech on a binary calculator she made. The yellow poster is hers. She did a really good job on her speech. She didn't have it memorized this year but she told me after that she "strayed from the script because she wanted to sound more natural." *grin*




Zoe's poster had a lot of writing on it.



Here is a close up of a part in her own handwriting



Some of the kids who had worked on a community project presented their findings. One of the older kids is thinking about continuing their research on making a viable and fair three sided cylindrical die and publishing the findings.

The community project was really cool! Zoe worked with adult mathematicians in the community, learned what a conjecture was, learned proper methodology for testing their conjectures, and more.

We love Math Center!

Yesterday was a busy day. Besides the presentation Zoe also sang with her Sunday School class at a retirement home (I don't have pictures because I wasn't there.) She also had a birthday party to go to. She left the house at 9:30 in the morning and didn't get home until 4:30! But she had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. She did great. Her poster is wonderful too.

    I know I have said this before, but her printing is amazing.

    I have beautiful handwriting, but so far my daughter seems to take after dad. He handed me driving directions the other day that I to write over.

    ReplyDelete