Thursday, August 13, 2009

12 minute blog post

Twleve minutes till the hardboiled eggs for tomorrow breakfast are done, then time for beer and two ibuprofen.

My laptop kind a broke. Fixing it involves taking EVERYTHING off of it and backing it up which is a time consuming process.

I spent much of the week making a very involved fall school schedule for Zoe involving graph paper, and highlighters (cause I have no computer.)

Writing on my book is mostly on hold (because I have no computer) so I have been reading some library books and making notes in a college lined spiral notebook (so oldschool!)

I have many things to post. The book The Gifted Adult by Mary-Elaine Jacobsen... it is all that and a bag of chips. Really. My only complaint is that I wish there were more, like a workbook or something.

Zoe... oh sweet Zoe. She has made one of those noticable jumps in intelligence/maturity that gifted kids make yet are still astounding everytime. Her vocabulary amazed me. She is getting even more self-reflective. Her sense of humor is fraktastic. She is always always always thinking, creating, plotting, experiencing life... all to be so young again.

Not that I am so old. But sometimes my back feels like I'm 100, hence the beer and pain meds.

We went to the zoo Thursday.



times up

3 comments:

  1. That's great that everything is going well with Z. The book sounds helpful. I'll probably read it at some point, but am swamped.

    Sorry about your laptop. I hope you can recover everything soon. Sometimes colleges offer a slightly better price.

    Recently we had an 7- year old Mac die. My spouse bought a Time Capsule from Apple. He retrieved the data, and backs up all our computers, even his PC (except for dd's with a broken disc drive).

    I love your photo of the bird. Is it a flamingo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just has to post. I've also noticed that jump in the boys. Most recently, it was Kipp, my middle son. As always, it's a joy to watch these kids blossom into what I can't help but believe will be amazing adults.

    Sorry about the computer woes. Such a royal pain when it happens.

    The bird is just a great shot. It would make a great postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee. This bird is adorable.

    ReplyDelete