Monday, March 30, 2009

Sick Kid

Zoe is sick today. I went into her room to wake her up this morning and she was practically in tears. She was wide-eyed and fearful. She said her throat hurt so much that it kept waking her up in the night.

So I set her up on the couch with lozenges, a pile of books, a blanket and her panda bear. She asked for chicken noodle soup for breakfast. I've closed some curtains to darken the room, so that she have a better chance of falling back to sleep.

I'm not sure what I'll do today. I still have 50 pages left on the 500 page book on Narcissistic Personality Disorder that I am reading. Mostly I'll just be hovering.

6 comments:

  1. Poor Z! I hope she feels better soon. Of course, there's nothing quite like a little pampering from Mommy every now and then... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miakoda

    We have our sick day rituals of lying about on the couch, watching movies, eating chicken noodle soup, saltines and ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the sick day rituals. Sherri and I both always got served 7-Up when we got sick. I still love it but she associates it with illness. I suspect that's because I was a malingering child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got 7-Up and Saltines. I guess the bubbles and the sugar were supposed to settle upset tummies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it is not strep and that she is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mariposa

    It doesn't look like strep. Thank goodness. She hasn't had strep yet.

    ReplyDelete