Tuesday, March 31, 2009

still sickish

I started sneezing last night during dinner. Now I am headachy, sinus pressure, tired kind of sick.

Zoe says her throat doesn't hurt as much. I let her sleep in. Now she is watching Charlie and Lola and eating cereal. I am not even going to try to homeschool her. Sickness + Homeschooling = crying. I've learned my lesson not to even try to do lessons.

I am holding out hope that Zoe will make a full and miraculous recovery by this evening. She has a special voice session with her choir director. He is also the choir director and conductor of the adult choir, the director of music at two local churches, and teaches voice at a local college. He had degrees from Trinity college, American Conservatory of Music and Oberlin.

This meeting isn't really an audition. But he is considering taking Zoe as his one new student (he has one private voice student graduating this year so he has one space open that he mentioned to me.)

Tonight he was supposed to help her with a song her current teacher assigned her for an upcoming recital. It is a very difficult piece. And while he helped her I was going to be reviewing how he works with Zoe to see if I think he would be a suitable teacher for her. He has better credentials than her current teacher and, perhaps more importantly, he has access to many more opportunities for Zoe to perform. But we really like her current teacher. She is doing a really good job challenging Zoe without stressing her out.

***update***

Zoe started singing while she was reading her book. I asked her how it felt and she said she didn't know. Then she sang three more songs to decide. :) So far so good.

oh yeah, and I am sneezing less but I do hope I get a nap this afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. I hope all goes well, you both feel better
    and the right voice coach is decided on.
    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it goes well for her despite the illness. Singing is a good sign.

    ReplyDelete