Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween!

We had our third annual Halloween party Friday night. I went with a Zombie theme this year. I handmade the invitations with gray paper and black lace. This was the cover:

Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize y'alls neighborhood

The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom

And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The evil of the THRILLER

On the inside I invited people to a Zombie Jamboree

You'll recognize the walking dead
by their pale skin, moaning,
shambling and hunger
for your B R A I N S !!!

Come as you are
or Zombify yourself.

I am happy to say that several of the guests came as Zombies. Zoe was a zombie astronaut, Pere had a spike through his head and I was a Zombie doctor.



We got the front yard ready a week earlier to get the neighborhood excited.



We had out scary graveyard out front.



Each room had a different theme, getting scarier as you went through them. This is the spider hatchery. There were two large spider sacks and about ten big spiders and hundreds of little ones.



In the dining room we had the Zombie Feast. We served deep fried toes, putrid fingers, spicy eyeballs, etc.

I totally forgot to take pictures of the rest but in the basement we had a tunnel of terror which was the favorite for the kids. And we had the mad scientist's laboratory where the Zombie Virus was created, as well as the Zombie Nursery (yes, zombified baby dolls)



My nephew and his friend would have won the costume contest. I LOVED their homemade muppet costumes.



For Halloween proper Zoe went as a "classic" vampire. She felt like she had gone as non-scary characters (Sailor Moon, Robin Hood, Princess, and Hermione) for so long that now she wanted to have a classic costume.



In the afternoon I worked at the neighborhood Halloween party.



I ran the sack races. Zoe must have raced about 30 times!



Some of the boys started a football game.



Zoe went trick or treating with her neighborhood friend. They were vampire sisters.

Halloween was fun! Now I just need to avoid the candy.

3 comments:

  1. !!!!!
    Everything looks fantastic. Z looks convincing. I LOVE the muppets. So simple and delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing party you threw. It looks more elaborate than last year's if that's possible. The dining room and the hatchery look like magazine photos. Z looks great in her costume. (I'm so weird I still get frightened by scary costumes.)

    Ami went to a friend's block party nstead of trick or treating. I think that's why she was so tired combined with little sleep the night before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome party! P loves the scariest parts of Halloween...I like a little scare..but just a little,lol.

    ReplyDelete