Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm happy

Sorry it has been so long! Looks like my last post was eleven days ago.

But I am so pleased to announce that I did, in fact, begin writing the first chapter of my novel today!

My first goal was to be ready to start writing in the fall. I have been doing research since mid-winter.

For awhile I got off track. I was dealing with the stress of my relationship with my mother and sister. The book went on the back burner as I worked on healing. Eventually I got to the point where I didn't need to deal with or think about that stuff on a daily basis and I got back into my book.

Then I started homeschooling Zoe. Our schedule this year is pretty intense.

I was doing research on my book anytime she didn't need me, and for a couple hours in the afternoon. And then after I put her to bed I would work for another couple hours.

Still, I haven't finished my research. My book is rather complicated. *grin*

With my self-assigned deadline I used every spare moment to write. Then, Saturday, two days before my deadline I outlined the first chapter. And today, while I was sitting at Zoe's gymnastics class I wrote the first couple of pages.

Yay for me!!! (That is how I feel!)

My new goal is to write twenty hours a week.

Please wish me luck! I will try to write more, at least once a week.

2 comments: