Thursday, October 8, 2009

Less Hurried

So I did make some changes to our schedule.

I added bike riding for an hour a day three days a week with Zoe. She really enjoys it and it's very healthy for me.

I also scaled back on some of her homework responsibilities. We are taking history a little slower and studying American Colonies now.

I am also loosening up her schedule for MCTLA. She just loves to have a lot of time for writing poetry with Building Poetry and all of the other writing assignments in the other books in the Voyage series.

Mariposa said that she observes that Zoe does well with a full load. I agree that she likes to be involved in many (too many?) activities and likes doing all of her subjects.

Here's a funny. When she has freetime she sometimes gets out her old homeschooling books and pretends to homeschool her daughter. Really she is just re-reading her old books out loud. :)

Recently she would spend all her free time writing on the OG3 finish the story forums. She told me that she would spend all her time writing if she could. Hey... I know how she feels. :)

Sometimes though I kick her off the computer and tell her "Go play outside" or "Go upstairs and play with your toys in your room." I know how addictive it can be to be writing a shared story with smart friends. But, at this age, I still don't want her on the computer so much.

I guess a good gauge of whether Zoe feels like she is too busy is that she still asks to go to the drop in Math Center twice a week. She might spend from 3 - 5 hours a week there and she really doesn't need to go there at all. And last week she asked that if there is ever a night when Choir wasn't meeting if she could go to Math Center, which also meets that night.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a lot of posts that I will have to read later because I have to run.

    I just want to say thank you. Thank you for your thoughtful advice. I responded to you.

    I'll read here tonight.

    ReplyDelete