Wednesday, April 22, 2009

All Better

I need to practice asking my friends for their expert help more often.

One of my best best friends, back in Los Angeles, is a singer. I told her about Zoe's problem and she totally had a solution for us!

Zoe's problem is that she wants to sing in a talent show where she will have to bring her own CD of the piano accompaniment. The only CD we have is really fast during the runs.

My friend says nobody sings with the CD that comes with the song book. She told us to find an accompanist who will work with Zoe for 15 minutes and record the song at Zoe's pace. She said something like "Singing is supposed to be an artistic expression. How are you supposed to express anything with the CD that came with the book!"

So... last night I saw Zoe's choir director and I asked him if he knew anyone that could work with Zoe and make her a CD. He said he will do it for her. *big happy grin*

When I explained the new deal to Zoe she was SO happy and SO relieved. Thank you L.T.! I just wouldn't have thought to do that.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent-- very glad to hear you found a way to cut through the problem. It sounded like it was really wearing at you (and Z).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew you would figure it out!
    Yeah Z!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Was it a really obvious solution? Even her music teacher didn't mention it. My friend in L.A. thinks it is time to get a new teacher. She is pro moving to the choir director in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes perfect sense and will only make the recital that much better and a true self-expression! Thank goodness for good friends and glad things are working themselves out.

    ReplyDelete