Monday, June 1, 2009

Choir Performance



Zoe had her big choir performance this weekend.

Her children's choir sang with the adult chorale and with a chamber orchestra. The show was three different versions of the Catholic Mass. One was by Durufle - a Gregorian Chant with orchestral accompaniment. The second was a Gospel Jazz mass by Robert Ray. Zoe's choir sang in the third, The Children's Mass by John Rutter.

It was a really wonderful performance and Zoe enjoyed herself immensely. It seemed to me that her favorite aspect was that, with the adult chorale and orchestra, it sounded "more professional.

The whole show was over 2 hours long, so I was impressed that the kids sat through such a long show. Zoe is the youngest, at 8, the rest of the kids are 10 - 15.


There was a big write up in our newspaper about the show. This picture from the newspaper shows the kids practicing. There's Zoe! (the little one on the end)

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I'm so glad that she enjoyed herself. What an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so cute. It sounds like it was wonderful for her as well as the audience. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congartulations to her!! I'll bet it was a balst. I always enjoy singing with others. When I was younger, we sand at Orchestra Hall in Chicago, and when we got to teh Hallelujah Chorus, I remember the entire audience standing spontaneously , and just bawling my way through it. It was SUCH a profound moment , to have all of those voices raised in song together. I've sung teh Messiah many times since, but that was a very special moment in my musical career.
    I Imagine all of those beautiful children's voices sining the Children's Mass was one of those moments for you. :)
    ( It would have been for me! Heck , I got all choked up with Grace playing a goofy Fairy! )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Er...that would be *BLAST* , not Balst....

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks so darling and so brave! I'd love to hear a snippet.

    ReplyDelete