Sunday, June 14, 2009

oh baby



Yesterday we got our piano. It was made in 1924. The wood is original but it was just refinished. The black keys are original too. The strings, the hammers, dampers, etc are all new. Our next door neighbor is a piano repairer and tuner. When we first saw the piano was in total disrepair. We liked it's lines and it's age. Our house was built in 1922, so the piano fits.

Small town coincidence; the area where we have the piano now I used to have two matching wing back chairs and a small table. Those chairs are now in the salon of a hairdresser that my sister is working with. Guess who used to own the piano? The hairdresser that owns the salon! I had no idea! (that's so weird)

Yesterday we also had an old friend to visit. He is living in Chicago now. Pere and I used to work with him in Virginia. The last time we saw him I still owned the bookstore. We also invited over some other friends that work in the tech industry.

Pere perfected his lamb with pomegranate syrup and served it with parsnip mousseline. o.m.g. it was wonderful.

It was GOOD DAY. :)




We had friends over to play in the castle Tuesday. Pere is still working on the back, attaching the slide, cargo net and wall climber handholds.

Friday we went to park day and then my friend's birthday party. My other friend who made Zoe's rocket cake made her a scrumptious and beautiful carrot cake.



oh my gosh... it was so good!

4 comments:

  1. That's great. Congratulations on the piano.

    That cake is decorated in beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous piano!
    I wish I had room for one that size, we
    have a small spinet for our small house.lol
    That cake looks devine..and Pere's dinner..my goodness..sounds yummy.
    I am glad to hear you are enjoying your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!
    Pere's dinner's always sound so amazing, and the castle and piano look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, the sound of piano keys strumming through the house, delightful. The cake is lovely, I really like her flowers.

    ReplyDelete