Friday, July 17, 2009

blogged down

I'm feeling bogged down, which is a no-no. I am trying to learn the Art of Extreme Self-Care as well as respect my needs as a Highly Sensitive Person.

So why am I fooling around with Twitter? Yet another app to update... I have a hard enough time remembering to do Facebook. (though I am sure I heard there was a way to coordinate Facebook with Twitter)

I do have a lot on my plate. So? What should I scrape off and feed to the dog?

I have homeschooling in the a.m.. If I am not homeschooling I am doing something else with Zoe. In between I am doing household chores, responding to emails, blogging, Facebook, and possibly some online research.

After lunch I need to go for a walk. That is something I REALLY need to do.

Then I have from 2:00 - 5:00 to work on my own projects, which are:

Writing a novel (currently researching the psychological profiles of psychopaths, and more MBTI).

Reading and working through three different personal growth books.

Doing the preparation necessary to be Zoe's teacher, which includes:
Keeping up with homeschooling news
Keeping up with Gifted news
Reading emails from 10 or so online groups I follow
Reading the 10 or so blogs I follow (this is not just for homeschooling but I do sometimes get good homeschooling advice and recommendations)
Reading the Local News
Reading various parenting, educating books, articles, etc

Or I have to take Zoe to her classes: Music, Japanese, Choir, Gymnastics

Gamemastering a role-playing game from Pere and Zoe. I started GMing in highschool. I haven't been a GM in about 10 years but recently I have been playing in another game with Pere and some friends and really enjoying it. Zoe really wants to play a role-playing game so I am making one we can do at home. More on that later.

In the evenings I watch TV with Pere, and multi-task doing more of all of the above. Soon his MBA program will start assigning homework and I will have more time to work on my projects (although it is a bittersweet trade off because I do need copious amounts of Pere time.)

SO, I need to tone it down. I need some quiet meditation time. It has been recommended that I spend at least one hour a day in meditation or quiet reflection or just lying in bed.

Hmmm... I just don't know. I guess I could try it for a week, it is summer after all. I could see if it's worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like you need to invest in some bubble bath, or a nice cup of tea on the porch... You're under enough stress lately, don't let yourself get burned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you keep up with it all. You must have great stamina. I look forward to the days when I might have some quiet time while my kids are pursuing their own interests.

    You know, I do not understand Facebook or Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me that sounds like a lot, but if you still feel like you have a lot of energy for activities then it is probably fine for you.

    I don't participate in Twitter or Facebook. I rarely post in forums, and canceled cable TV. I can't do it all. My computer desktop is mess with open documents, and projects, I have at least a dozen books I'm reading, and my commitment to my daughter takes a large percentage of time . I am happy to do it, but somethings have had to go. I still enjoy the blog format because I find it supportive. I also admire how other people, like yourself, homeschool and manage daily life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you! It sounds like you are already striving for more balance. I do try to lay down and meditate or rest every afternoon...
    It feels indulgent! And wonderful. And I think I'm more relaxed and rested.

    With warmth,
    Patrice

    ReplyDelete