Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother of the Year Award

Thank you Kate in NJ for giving me the Mother of the Year award.

But wait, before I can accept I have to follow the rules:

Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!

I feel awful when something I say makes Zoe feel bad about herself. Not guilty or shameful in a healthy normal way that people are supposed to feel when we know we have done something wrong. But, when something I say makes her feel like she is not a good person. I never mean to do it and, when I have, I always try to take it back and convince her that is not what I meant. Because she is a really really good person.

Next....Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!

1. How much Zoe and I laugh together. We crack each other up all the time.
2. I love being amazed by her.
3. I love lying with her in bed, after prayer and story time. She talks to me about her day then and shares her secret thought.
4. I am very gratified that she loves homeschooling so much.
5. I love our habit of reading aloud to her.
6. I love her sweetness. She really is a joy.
7. Being a mother is a challenge that has made me a much better person and I am so thankful for that.

Send this to seven other Moms of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.

Well, other than my online friends (Mariposa, Kate, Shaun, Alli, Nina) who have already been given this much deserved award I want to send this out to some IRL friends:

Jeanette
Veronica
Loraine
Wendy
Alice
Jaime
and my mother-in-law Anne

4 comments:

  1. I hope your Mother's Day was filled
    with great joy, you deserve it!!
    I love that you shared it with
    your IRL friends!! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mentioning me as a good mother. I've lots of horrible mother of the year stories to share.

    BTW, you can shorten my blog name to Painted Rainbows if the length and overlap bothers you on your blogroll.

    ReplyDelete