Thursday, April 2, 2009

Books

Zoe just finished reading The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil Frankweiler and The Westing Game. And she gives them Two Thumbs Up. For homeschooling she is reading Swallows and Amazons and I am reading her Bulfinch's Mythology. And for bedtime Pere is reading The Lord of the Rings and I am rereading The Little Princess.

I'm reading the Promethea graphic novels, David Copperfield, The Hidden Gifts of the Introverted Child (not for Zoe,) Ben Franklin's Autobiography and a handful of books on occult topics for research for my novel.

Pere is reading the Buffy graphic novels, Rama II, and various cookbooks.

7 comments:

  1. We love the Mixed Up Files. I have The Hidden Gifts of the Introverted Child too. I never finished it, because I got caught up reading some other books. My spouse and I are both introverted, him more so. So far Ami seems to be more toward the middle though she use to be much more outgoing when she was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the Hidden Gifts so I can understand and support Pere more. It is the kind of thing I wish he would read but he doesn't have the time so I will read it and then I will tell him what his "Hidden Gifts" are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Not picturing Pere as introverted..
    I will have to get that book for myself..goodness
    knows P is not that.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might try Hidden Gifts, it sounds interesting. Bug and I are having a bit of a race to finish all the Fruits Basket books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate - Pere is pretty introverted. Not shy, just not very communicative.

    Gwen - Don't you LOVE Fruits basket??

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 Rama!!!!
    Grace has begun the lovely journey of "Bleach" Manga. :/

    I need to change your site link on my page! :D

    ReplyDelete