Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cleaning and Age

Pere rearranged the bookcase in the living room this week and today Zoe and I put all the books (4 - 4'x8' bookcases) back on the shelves. Then I throughly cleaned the whole room.

I took out almost all the clutter.

But I just put it in the entry way... I have no idea where all that stuff is going to go yet.

Now I am sitting here having a diet coke in front of the air conditioner vent and listening to the new Neko Case album. The living room looks awesome.

We are trying to get things ready for our new piano.

And we are hosting my niece's graduation party in a couple weeks so I really need to get everything throughly tidy. (Things have been less tidy since I laid off the cleaning lady...)

* * *

Do you feel like you are your age? I'm 35 now but I don't feel it. Not that I don't like it. I certainly wouldn't want to be a teenager again. Nor even 28 (which was a pretty good year.)

When I was in my mid-twenties I worked with this very hot Puerto Rican mamacita who was 43. Arianna. When I think about aging I am not afraid. Arianna rocked it. She rocked it more than me when I was 25.

And with age comes wisdom, so they say. And that is what I wouldn't give up. I remember Arianna telling me that she thought I was wise beyond my years. I like that. It is one of those compliments that I carry with me and take out from time to time when I want to feel good about myself.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, lately I feel ancient, but I hope that will change! I turn 40 in the fall.

    I love the feeling of a thoroughly cleaned room -- the diet Coke is the perfect complement to sitting back and enjoying the Space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm 33 and I don't feel my age. I feel much older.....probably nothing a quick trip to the salon, Macy's and weekend alone with the hubby couldn't cure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaun... ancient? Really? That sounds like it could be bad... You need to get your groove back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alycia - I know! A new haircut really does hold some magic. I also think that getting out of your comfort zone and trying something new helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm turning 35 shortly and I definitely don't feel my age. I feel younger and older combined (I know it sounds odd). I guess interms of wisdom I feel older, but when I look in the mirror I don't see a 34 year old. :)
    I just redid our learning room today. I love a newly reorganized room! It makes me happy...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the same thing when I unclutter. I stick in the halls or garage door. Then I look at it, and pass it for a week, before I decide what to do.

    If it is your birthday, Happy Birthday.

    I don't feel my age. Controlling your weight, not smoking, and having health really makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We need a good de-cluttering here, but that is always true.lol I am a clutter bug by nature.
    It got pretty warm here this weekend, so today I am trying to strip all the "winter" from the rooms..heavy blankets,sheets and curtains...oi vay! I have a huge stack of paintings sitting in my living room from my Grandmother's as well. Now I need to hang them. lol

    ReplyDelete